A place that locals love to share.
Black Powder Tavern is named in honor of the fighting spirit that forged our great nation. Since 1746, the building that houses this tavern has played a part in the establishment of our nation. It is believed that during the infamous winter of 1777–1778 at Valley Forge, a major figure in the Continental Army, master military mind Friedrich Von Steuben, designated the tavern as a secret black powder munitions stash for Continental Army couriers. All the while, the tavern continued to provide food, shelter and cheer to the hungry, weary soldiers fighting for their independence.
—Alan Donatelli, Executive Vice President/CFO, Select Restaurants
The newly imagined concept outperformed with increased revenue year-over-year.