1. What information does TWIST Creative Inc. collect? Information we collect directly from you:
- Contact Form. If you reach out to us using our online contact form we collect the information you enter.
- Employment Application. If you submit an online application for a Career or Internship, we collect the information you enter.
- Email List. If you sign up to be added to our email distribution list, we collect the information you enter.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, or participate in a TWIST Creative Inc. contest.
Information TWIST Creative Inc. collects about you indirectly or passively when you interact with us.
- Usage data. TWIST Creative Inc. collects usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which web pages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, and timestamps.
- Device data. TWIST Creative Inc. collects data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. If you arrive at a TWIST Creative Inc. website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), TWIST Creative Inc. records information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties. TWIST Creative Inc. may collect your personal information or data from third parties, if you have given permission to those third parties to share your information.
- Information from page tags. TWIST Creative Inc. uses third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics. Emails sent by TWIST Creative Inc. or by users through our services may include page tags that allow the sender to collect information about who opened those emails and clicked on links in them. We do this to allow the email sender to measure the performance of their email messaging and to learn how to improve email deliverability and open rates.
2. How does TWIST Creative Inc. use the information we collect?
- To contact you for marketing purposes. TWIST Creative Inc. will send you promotional emails only if you have consented to our contacting you for this purpose. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in them.
- To contact you about your service or account. TWIST Creative Inc. occasionally sends you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You are prevented from opt out of this type of communication since it is required to provide our services to you.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If TWIST Creative Inc. receives a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data held to determine the appropriate response.
3. With whom do we share or disclose your information? TWIST Creative Inc. does not sell or make available your form data without your express permission.
We may disclose:
- Aggregated or de-identified (anonymized) information to third parties to improve or promote TWIST Creative Inc. services. No individuals can reasonably be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote TWIST Creative Inc. services.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. TWIST Creative Inc. may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when TWIST Creative Inc. believes that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there’s a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of TWIST Creative Inc. business changes, or TWIST Creative Inc. undertakes a corporate reorganization, including a merger, acquisition or consolidation or any other action or transfer between TWIST Creative Inc. entities, you expressly consent to TWIST Creative Inc. transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our services. If required, TWIST Creative Inc. will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, TWIST Creative Inc. may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. You may later revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.
4. For how long does TWIST Creative Inc. retain your data?
We generally retain your data indefinitely to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on offsite backup media.
5. Security, cookies and other important information.
- TWIST Creative Inc. is committed to handling your personal information and data with integrity and care. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions undertaken, there is always a risk that your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the Internet.
- Data locations. TWIST Creative Inc. servers are based in the United States, so your personal information will be hosted and processed by TWIST Creative Inc. in the United States. Your personal information may also be processed in, or transferred or disclosed to, countries in which our service providers are located or have servers.
- To advertise to you. TWIST Creative Inc., or our service providers and other third parties we work with, may place cookies when you visit our website and other websites or when you open emails that are sent to you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content (about our services or other services), and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective. For instance, TWIST Creative Inc. may evaluate which advertisements are clicked on most often, and whether those clicks lead users to make better use of our tools, features and services. If you don’t want to receive advertisements that are tailored to you based on your anonymous online activity, you may “opt out” of many of the companies that are involved in such tailoring by going to https://www.aboutads.info. Opting out in this way does not mean you will not receive any advertisements; it just means that you will not receive advertisements from such companies that have been tailored to you based on your activities and inferred preferences.
- Google Analytics. In addition to the above, TWIST Creative Inc. has implemented on our websites and other services certain Google Analytics features that support Display Advertising, including re-targeting. Visitors to our websites may opt out of certain types of Google Analytics tracking, customize the Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ad Preferences Manager and learn more about how Google serves advertisements by viewing its Customer Ads Help Center. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- TWIST Creative Inc. servers are based in the United States, so your personal data will be primarily processed by TWIST Creative Inc. in the United States. You consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in the United States by TWIST Creative Inc. and in the data locations identified in Section 5 by our service providers.
- You consent and agree that TWIST Creative Inc. may transfer your data to data processors located in countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time. Please note that if you opt-out, we may no longer be able to provide you our services.
- You consent to TWIST Creative Inc. sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services.